Welcome!

Welcome! I'm so glad you're here! If you enjoy the Theatre, whether performing, producing, writing, viewing or all of the above, you are exactly where you should be! Here, you will find reviews of some local plays, musicals, and scenes, in the local Dallas area. 

A little about myself, for your knowledge: I am new to the world of journalism, but have always been a writer. I have loved Literature, stories, Art, Reading, and especially Theatre for as long as I can remember. I began performing on stage as an actress in High School, like many people do. I followed through at Oklahoma State University, earning my Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Theatre with a focus on performing. I worked with many talented and skilled actors, directors, designers and was lucky enough to call them my educators and friends. On a professional level, I have been an educator, as well, in English, Reading and Theatre Arts. 

Recently, I read a review, a very critical and unfair review of a musical. And, although criticism has its place, I don't believe that performance art will benefit from being torn apart in shreds, and I think you would agree. It lit a fire in my belly-- a passion to see Theatre thrive and for those who participate in it to be encouraged, lifted up and commended for it. Thus begins Dallas Theatre Journal! I want to hear from you! Your thoughts, your experiences and your passion about Theatre, as well. So, let's get started!

If you have a play or a project that you are planning to have performed in front of an audience, I would love to see it and write about it! I would also love to meet you before or after the show to hear more about it! 

Lovely to meet you! And, thank you!

Comments